Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Beginnings - Again!

Did you ever think that something was going to last forever? And then something minute and almost not even noteworthy happened and it set off a chain of events so insane, so crazy, and yet so wonderful and life altering.
My last blog entry was July 2008 and I was whining about mosquitos. Today, April 2, 2009 I am in a new house in a new city with a whole new wonderful life. And all because of an email sent by an old friend. Life is a funny, funny thing!

So, here we are in Red Deer, Alberta now. Beautiful Blooms and I have ripped out our roots from Okotoks, Alberta and moved north to the gorgeous city of Red Deer. It is a very pretty, very friendly city and so far I really like it here.

New gardens are being dug and I almost hate to admit it, but I think I'm getting older. The old body isn't quite as limber as it used to be, but maybe, just maybe it's also due to moving furniture and boxes as well. Two, maybe three more trips back to Okotoks and I'll have the bulk of the garden moved. It's very good timing, this move, plants are just starting to wake up and not as resentful about being moved. They settle back in quite nicely.
Tomorrow's trip to Okotoks will be to pick up the cold frames, we were able to pick up some old storm windows at Habitat's ReStore and they will make great covers for the old cold frames.

Stay tuned, more to come.
Happy Gardening.

2 comments:

Jeny said...

Hi Linda, I am glad you are enjoying your new home in Red Deer. I've visited Toronto and Montreal in past years. I really enjoyed the gardens of Montreal.
I was admiring your photos of all the columbine/aquilegia flowers. Do you collect the seeds? I have some Ruby Port Columbine seeds that I just harvested here in Maryland, USA. The plants grow very tall with dark red multi-petaled blooms. If you would be interested in a trade I would be glad to send you some.
I feel for you with all the work you're up against trying to move your plants to your new home. I moved my garden in 2005 from Pennsylvania to Maryland. I too found it really hard work. But it will be very rewarding in the long run.
Can't wait to see photos of your new gardens.
Thanks and Happy Gardening,
Jeny

Linda @ Beautifulblooms said...

Hi Jenny, Better late than never? I didn't even see that you had commented, I've been out in the garden digging (is my excuse)!

Do you still have a couple of those Ruby Port columbine seeds available and if so can I possibly send you some of my 10 spurred columbine seeds in exchange? Or any of the others from the web site?

Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate that someone is reading this, besides me.

I've just about got all of the moved plants into the ground, maybe another 12-20 or so to go. I'm running out of places to pile sod right now.

I'll be trying to get some more pics up soon, we took so many this summer. I'm tired but very happy with the progress and with the new beginnings.