Wednesday, October 21, 2020

SNOW :(

 It was bound to happen sooner or later.  In my opinion we've had a wonderful fall.  This is our first snow of the year.  Nasturtiums are still blooming in the hangers on the porch.  The willows are sagging already and I don't think it's snowed that much?   Brrrr!  It is supposed to warm up a bit, enough to grab the last of the seed from the garden.  (Fingers crossed)

I went west yesterday, to the Ram Falls area.  My goal was to find delphinium 👍, and what I think is Pulsatilla occidentalis, chalice flower. and gravel 👍.    I had found this seed last time I went this way, a couple years ago... yes it's been that long since I did that road.  I grew that seed out and I have a pot of them to go in the garden.  

Whether you go up or down it, at a seed hunter's pace, it's a whole day trip.  And you don't want to do that road with tires that are wearing down, I was there!

I really didn't stop until I got to the Ram Falls area, got the seed I wanted, and then came home.  



There are straight stretches, and then there are the drop off curves and winding loose gravel roads.  A wonderful sunny day.


It is so beautiful no matter what time of year you go.


 Ram River.


Another beautiful spot.


I thought I saw a bear, but it was a 'wild' cow.




No comments: